Skip links and keyboard navigation

Queensland Government site header

Notify of an incident

Do you need to notify of an incident?

Find out which incidents you are required to report before completing the online notification form.

Has an injury, illness, or dangerous incident occurred at your workplace? Has a dangerous electrical event or serious electrical incident occurred?

Depending on the seriousness, you may need to notify WHSQ or the ESO of the incident. Unsure if you need to notify of an incident? Read more about incidents.

If a worker was injured, you can also make a claim for workers' compensation with WorkCover Queensland or a self-insurer. Read about injuries and claims.

To notify of an incident and make a claim at the same time, use the 'incident & claim' option below.

You can also call 1300 362 128 to notify of an incident and make a claim. Read more about notifying about incidents and WorkCover Queensland claims.

Other ways to notify of an incident and make a claim

Notify of an incident Self insurance

If your employer self insures, please contact them to make a claim for workers' compensation. Unsure if your employer self insures?

You may still need to notify WHSQ or ESO about the incident.

WorkCover Queensland claimComplaints

Workplace complaints - If you have a concern or wish to make a complaint regarding your workplace you can notify Workplace Health and Safety Queensland using the online complaints form.

Electrical complaints - If you wish to raise an electrical safety concern or have a complaint regarding unsafe electrical work you can notify the Electrical Safety Office Queensland using the online complaints form.

Last updated
11 January 2019

Register now

The 2019 conference features expert speakers including Orange Sky Laundry, Josie Thomson and our MC Toby Travanner. Don't miss out!


North Queensland Injury Prevention Return to Work Conference 2019

Empower your business with new WorkCover Connect features

WorkCover Connect just got even more powerful with the latest updates now live for you! Take a tour of the latest features...