Organisations that have benefited from integrating work health, safety and wellbeing into their business systems share their stories.
- Scentre Group: From little things big things grow (Construction)
- Carlton and United Breweries: A targeted approach (Manufacturing)
- Goodna State School: Staff wellbeing team (Government education)
- Ipswich State High School: health and wellbeing (Government education)
- Queensland Museum Network: health and wellbeing at work (Statutory authority)
- Seqwater: Be Healthy Be Wealthy program (Statutory authority)
- Russell Transport Mental Health initiative (Transport)
- Bus Queensland: Linking with community organisations - a low cost health and wellbeing program (Transport)
- Feros Care: Fitness at Feros Forever (Health care and social services)
- CQ Nurse: A proactive and holistic health conscious approach (Health care and social services)
Share how your workplace is integrating work health, safety and wellbeing
If you would like to share your story on how you are positively influencing work health, safety and wellbeing in your workplace please contact us.
Recognising business benefits of worker health.
Healthy work design forum
- Are you prepared? Managing the risk of psychosocial hazards at work code of practice – Sam Popple (Director, Psychological Health Unit, Workplace Health and Safety Queensland)
- Shining the light on workplace health conditions – Dr Elizabeth Pritchard (School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University)
- Designing work to generate healthy and productive work – Dr Sharon K. Parker (Organisational Behaviour, Curtin University)
- Case study – Integrating health, safety and wellbeing – Ben Saal (General Manager, Health Safety and Environment, Powerlink Queensland)
- Healthy Work Design forum: Extended Q&A session – (Sam Popple, Dr Elizabeth Pritchard, Dr Sharon K. Parker and Ben Saal)
- Seqwater: Work health strengthens your business
- Work health - strengthening your business from leadership perspective
Integration of safety, health and wellbeing
Work health through partnership
Healthy Work. Healthy You
These films include an introduction by University of Queensland experts and four case studies of Australian companies. The case studies show how blue-collar workers face challenges maintaining a healthy lifestyle and building active living and good dietary choices into their lives. The final film presents management perspectives and highlights how effective leadership can facilitate healthy choices at work.
Safe Work and Return to Work Awards – Winner
- Category six – Best demonstrated leadership in work health and safety: Scentre Group Design and Construction
- Category six – Best demonstrated leadership in work health and safety: CQ University
- Serious about grazier safety webinar series. This webinar series guides you in developing simple safety management systems.
- Queensland construction work health forum 2016 podcasts: Who is at risk of sitting too much in the construction industry?
Listen to and download a range of presentations from the Work health and wellbeing forum 2019.
- Sustained effort in workplace health and wellbeing makes good sense for workers, their families and the economy
- Strengthen your business by good work design
- How Redland City Council can show positive health and safety outcomes from proactively integrating work health and wellbeing into their safety management system