The WorkSafe.qld.gov.au website was designed and developed to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 A and AA success criteria to ensure that its content is available to as many users as possible, including:
- people with disabilities who may use assistive technologies
- people with slower internet connections (including some rural and regional users) or less than state-of-the-art equipment
- people with non-PC internet devices including handheld devices, game consoles and mobile phones.
The accessibility features available on this site include:
- skip links and a logical tab order to navigate using assistive technologies
- adherence to international web standards
- ARIA compliant keyboard navigation for rich interactive components.
Improving the accessibility of our content is an ongoing priority. Please let us know if you have any problems accessing our content.
If you are using an assistive technology such as a screen reader to browse this site, skip links are provided at the beginning of the page to allow you to move quickly to key information such as the primary navigation, secondary navigation or content.
The links are not immediately visible in a graphical browser but can be accessed as the first links in the tab order for each page.
ARIA keyboard navigation
All rich interactive elements on the website can be navigated using key combinations recommended by the Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) standard.
When using a browser that supports ARIA, you can:
- use the tab key to enter an interactive element as part of the tab order for the page
- use the arrow keys to move focus between the different controls for the interactive element; and
- use the Enter key to activate a focussed control
- use the tab key to move to the next set of controls or to leave the interactive element.
The following browsers support ARIA:
- Internet Explorer 8+
- Google Chrome
- Firefox 3+
- Safari 4+
- Opera 9.5+
When using a browser that does not support ARIA all controls are still accessible as part of the normal tab order.