Workers' Compensation Regulatory Services
We regulate Queensland’s workers’ compensation scheme and we’re part of the Office of Industrial Relations.
Our purpose is to maintain a fair and efficient workers’ compensation scheme that balances the needs of workers and employers.
We work with insurers, employers, workers and health professionals to make sure all workers who’ve experienced a work-related injury are supported throughout their rehabilitation journey and can safely return to work.
We operate independently to:
- manage insurers’ licences and make sure they follow workers' compensation laws
- settle disputes and complaints about workers’ compensation decisions made by insurers
- take legal action when workers' compensation laws are broken
- facilitate medical assessment tribunals
- promote rehabilitation and return to work
- give training to medical practitioners
- gather and analyse data about the workers’ compensation scheme.