To submit a new application for plant that needs to be registered, you can:
- complete the Online plant registration form*, or
- complete an Application for registration of registrable plant (PDF, 0.19 MB).
You will need to lodge a separate form for each item of plant to be registered.
If you are registering an amusement device or a concrete placing unit with a boom, you will need to complete an Application for registration of registrable plant (PDF, 0.19 MB) as online submissions are not accepted for these plant items.
What happens after I submit a new application?
- If you have lodged the application via our online portal, a confirmation email will be sent to you with details for payment, including a secure payment link to make payment via credit card.
- If you submitted your application via email to email@example.com, your application will be processed and an email will be sent with details for payment.
- If no immediate payment is made an invoice will be sent to the person with management or control of the plant.
- A certificate of registration will be sent to the person with management or control of the plant once payment is received and your application has been processed.
- Registration is valid up to 31 January from the day it is granted, subject to payment of an annual fee and the lodgement of the renewal application.
- Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ) will send an application form for renewal before expiry of the registration.
Renewal of registration
To submit your plant item registration renewal for the 2024 period, please use the unique link provided in an email forwarded to you from WHSQ Plant Admin on 15 December 2023. Alternatively, access the renewal portal.
If you did not receive your unique link, please contact WHSQ Plant Administration on 1300 362 128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not lodge a renewal application for your plant items, the plant records associated with the renewal will be ended. Those unregistered plant items must not be used in a workplace. You may be subject to enforcement action if you are found to be operating unregistered plant.
Once you have submitted your renewal and made payment, your application will be processed. If no further information is required, you should expect to receive confirmation of approval in the form of a plant item registration certificate after the 1 February 2024.
Please note that further steps will be taken to validate the data collected as part of the renewal process including design registration details of the registered item, annual and major inspection reports, and competent persons. To avoid any potential delay in receiving your certificate/s, please ensure that the information provided is accurate with no missing or incorrect fields in the renewal submission.