To submit a new application for plant that needs to be registered, you can:
- complete the Online plant registration form,or
- complete an Application for registration of registrable plant (PDF, 0.19 MB).
You will need to lodge a separate form for each item of plant to be registered.
What happens after I submit a new application?
- Your application will be processed and fees calculated.
- You will be sent an invoice to request payment, if no immediate payment is made the invoice will be sent to the person with management or control of the plant.
- A certificate of registration will be sent to the person with management or control of the plant once payment has been processed.
- Registration is valid up to 31 January from the day it is granted, subject to payment of an annual fee and the lodgement of the renewal application.
- Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ) will send an application form for renewal before expiry of the registration.
Renewal of registration
The renewal portal has now closed for 2021.
If you have not lodged a renewal application for your plant items, the plant records associated with the renewal will be ended.
If registration of your plant items is still required, please follow the process at the top of this page for submitting an Application for registration of registrable plant (Form 8) for each registrable plant item.
If you have submitted your renewal and made payment, certificates will be posted shortly to the address we have on file.
For Amusement Devices and Cranes, further steps may be taken once a renewal is submitted to validate the design registration details or the competent person data collected as part of the renewal process. This may result in delays with the generation of certificates, especially in the case of missing/incorrect data.