Scaffolding work includes putting up, changing or taking down of a temporary structure that is used to support a work platform, where a person or object could fall more than four metres.
This section covers high risk licences for the following:
- Basic scaffolding work (SB)
- Intermediate scaffolding work (SI)
- Advanced scaffolding work (SA)
Basic scaffolding - SB
To perform basic scaffolding duties you need to have a Basic Scaffolding - SB high risk work licence.
Basic scaffolding work includes:
- modular or prefabricated scaffolds
- cantilevered hoist with a maximum working load of 500 kg (materials only)
- gin wheels
- safety nets and static lines
- bracket scaffolds (tank and form work).
Intermediate scaffolding - SI
To perform intermediate scaffolding duties you need to have an Intermediate Scaffolding - SI high risk work licence.
To apply for an intermediate scaffolding licence you must hold, or have passed assessment for, a basic scaffolding licence.
Intermediate scaffolding work includes:
- scaffolding work included in the class of Basic Scaffolding
- tube and coupler scaffolds including tube and coupler covered ways and gantries
- cantilever crane loading platforms
- cantilever and spurred scaffolds
- barrow ramps and sloping platforms
- scaffolding associated with perimeter safety screens and shutters
- mast climbers.
Advanced scaffolding - SA
To perform advanced scaffolding duties you need to have an Advanced Scaffolding - SA high risk work licence.
To apply for an advanced scaffolding licence you must hold, or have previously passed assessment for, a basic scaffolding licence and an intermediate scaffolding licence.
Advanced scaffolding work includes:
- scaffolding work included in the Intermediate scaffolding class
- cantilevered hoists
- hung scaffolds, including scaffolds hanging from tubes, wire ropes or chains
- suspended scaffolds.
- Last updated
- 29 June 2015
It's now even easier to track your claim with the Worker Assist app
Get real time updates about your claim, any time, anywhere, and find out when your next payment will be plus much more!