Scaffolding work includes putting up, changing or taking down of a temporary structure that is used to support a work platform, where a person or object could fall more than four metres.
This section covers high risk licences for the following:
- Basic scaffolding work (SB)
- Intermediate scaffolding work (SI)
- Advanced scaffolding work (SA)
Basic scaffolding - SB
To perform basic scaffolding duties you need to have a Basic Scaffolding - SB high risk work licence.
Basic scaffolding work includes:
- modular or prefabricated scaffolds
- cantilevered hoist with a maximum working load of 500 kg (materials only)
- gin wheels
- safety nets and static lines
- bracket scaffolds (tank and form work).
Intermediate scaffolding - SI
To perform intermediate scaffolding duties you need to have an Intermediate Scaffolding - SI high risk work licence.
To apply for an intermediate scaffolding licence you must hold, or have passed assessment for, a basic scaffolding licence.
Intermediate scaffolding work includes:
- scaffolding work included in the class of Basic Scaffolding
- tube and coupler scaffolds including tube and coupler covered ways and gantries
- cantilever crane loading platforms
- cantilever and spurred scaffolds
- barrow ramps and sloping platforms
- scaffolding associated with perimeter safety screens and shutters
- mast climbers.
Advanced scaffolding - SA
To perform advanced scaffolding duties you need to have an Advanced Scaffolding - SA high risk work licence.
To apply for an advanced scaffolding licence you must hold, or have previously passed assessment for, a basic scaffolding licence and an intermediate scaffolding licence.
Advanced scaffolding work includes:
- scaffolding work included in the Intermediate scaffolding class
- cantilevered hoists
- hung scaffolds, including scaffolds hanging from tubes, wire ropes or chains
- suspended scaffolds.
- Last updated
- 29 June 2015
North Queensland Injury Prevention and Return to Work Conference
The conference is back in 2018 with a new line-up of expert speakers addressing the needs of those on the frontline of safety, rehabilitation and return to work. Register now!