Skip links and keyboard navigation

Queensland Government site header

Silhouette of a worker with cranes in the background

What licence do I need?

Asbestos licences

There are two types of asbestos removal licences, friable asbestos (class A) and non-friable asbestos (class B).

Cranes and hoists

Read about the various types of crane and hoist licences, including encompassment and earthmoving or particular crane occupational classes.

Demolition work licence

Information on when you need a demolition licence, and how to apply.

Forklift truck

Information about applying for and renewing an LF or LO forklift truck high risk work licence (forklift ticket / forklift renewal).

General construction induction

Check who needs to have a general construction induction card, and how you can apply.

Lifts and escalators

High risk work licensing for lifts and escalators.

Pressure equipment

Information on standard and advanced boiler operation, reciprocating steam engine and turbine licence classes.

Rigger and dogger

Information on dogger licences and the three types of rigger licences.

Scaffolding licences

Read about the scope of work for different levels of scaffolding, and what high risk work licence is needed to carry out these duties.

Driving plant on the road

You must have a Queensland issued driver’s licence to drive plant on the road, with a suitable endorsement for the plant being driven.

Last updated
29 June 2015

We'd love your feedback

Safe Work Month 2020

Register now for FREE virtual events this October.


Safe Work Month 2020

WorkCover Queensland accident insurance policy renewal

Pay your premium in full or set up a payment plan quickly and easily online before the 30 September deadline.


Log in to pay your premium

Log in to online services. Pay your premium quickly and easily