Skip links and keyboard navigation

Queensland Government site header

Change your licence details, replacement or additional cards

On this page:

Change your address or contact details online

You can use the online Change electrical contact details application to change the contact details on your Queensland electrical training permit, work or contractor licence.

Details you can change with the online form are:

  • residential address
  • postal address
  • phone numbers
  • fax number
  • email address.

You must complete separate forms for each licence you wish to update. The details you change on your contractor licence will not automatically update your work licence or vice versa.

For security purposes, and to protect your privacy, you will need your customer reference number. This number is printed on the top left-hand corner of the letter sent to you when your licence was issued or renewed.

It will take approximately five minutes to submit your application online.

Phone 1300 362 128 if you need help to change your details online.

Change your licence details

Complete Form 22 - Change of details/replacement licence/additional card (PDF, 109.7 KB) .

You will receive a new card after changing licence details.

Read more about the following:

  • Change the legal name on your contractor licence
  • Changing your legal name
  • Change address or contact details
  • Restricted electrical work licence

Changing the legal name on your contractor licence

To change your business name details write the name in the space provided and tick the appropriate box to add or remove the name from your current licence.

You cannot use this form to notify a change of ABN. You must apply for a new contractor licence using the application for a Form 18 - Application for a Queensland electrical contractor licence (PDF, 1067.83 KB) .

Changing your legal name

If you change your legal and or business name you must provide:

If the name details on your electrical work licence have changed, write the new details in the space provided. You must give evidence for changes to your family or given names such as a change of name or marriage certificate from the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.

Copy of documentation in support of your application must be certified by a Justice of the Peace or a Commissioner of Declarations

The $31.90 replacement card fee is payable by cheque or money order made out to The Electrical Safety Office or by credit card.

Change address/contact details

Tick the box to change your address or contact details and then complete relevant sections of the form.

You do not need to send in evidence of this change.

There is no fee attached to this option.

Restricted electrical work licence

If you hold a restricted electrical work licence and have gained new competencies, they cannot be endorsed as an add-on to your licence. You will need to complete a new Form 21 - Application for a restricted electrical work licence/permit (other than apprentice) (PDF, 125.63 KB) .

Apply for replacement or additional cards

If your original card has been lost, damaged or destroyed you need to complete Form 22 - Change of details/replacement licence/additional card (PDF, 109.7 KB) to get a replacement.

The $31.90 fee is payable by credit card, cheque or money order made out to Electrical Safety Office.

Write how many cards you need in section two of the form. Then complete section six of the form.

Follow the guidelines at the end of the form to complete the other sections if you also need to change your address details .

You must provide 100 points of identification to an authorised person listed in the guidelines on the form. You do not need to send in copies of the documents.

The authorised person must print and sign their name and provide contact phone number and occupation on the form.

Last updated
12 April 2018

The risk is real. One safety switch may not be enough.

Regardless of whether you own or rent, you should consider having safety switches installed on all circuits.


Safety switch campain - The risk is real. One safety switch may not be enough.

Electrical Safety Office (ESO) Facebook

Join the community and keep up to date with the latest information, news and safety tips to help keep your family and home electrically safe.


We’re taking electrical safety to Facebook!