Apply for plant design registration
An application for plant design registration is required before supplying the items listed in Part 1 of Schedule 5 of the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011.
The designer or the person with management or control of an item of plant can apply to have a plant design registered. This could include the manufacturer, importer or supplier. To apply you will need to complete a Form 14 - Application for registration of plant design(PDF, 95.33 KB) . The application form has eight sections and should be completed as follows:
- The applicant needs to complete sections 1, 2 and 3
- The designer complete sections 5 and 6
- The design verifier complete sections 7 and 8
- Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ) completes the confirmation in section 4.
To ensure the application is complete and processed with minimum delay you should use the checklist at the end of the form.
The same process applies to a new plant design registration or for an altered plant design.
|Application type|| Fee*|
|Application for registration of design of item of plant||114.10|
|*Fee amounts as at 1 July 2017. GST does not apply to these fees.|
Submit your application
To submit your application, email the completed form to email@example.com.
You will need to include any referenced drawings with the application and the fee is required with the application.
You must pay the application fee when lodging the application otherwise applications will not be processed. GST does not apply to this fee.
Payment options are:
- Provide your credit card details over the phone via 1300 362 128.
- Cheques made payable to Department of Justice and Attorney-General and mailed to:
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland
Office of Industrial Relations
PO Box 820
LUTWYCHE QLD 4030
What happens after I submit an application?
After receiving an application and payment has been receipted:
- We will check each section of application form. It is important that all applicants provide the correct information to ensure there are no delays.
- If any information is missing, we will contact the applicant by email or phone.
- Once details are verified the application will be registered.
- A registration document will be returned to the applicant and a copy kept by WHSQ. The plant design registration number will be provided on the document, which includes a confirmation section completed by WHSQ. On receipt of the confirmed design registration, the applicant must provide the registration number to anyone involved with the manufacture, importation or supply of the plant. Manufacturers, suppliers and importers are required to provide the registration number to anyone who purchases the plant.
- Following the registration of plant design, an owner is required to register specified items of plant before it is permitted to be used at the workplace. Find out more about plant registration.
- Last updated
- 03 July 2017
North Queensland Injury Prevention and Return to Work Conference
The conference is back in 2018 with a new line-up of expert speakers addressing the needs of those on the frontline of safety, rehabilitation and return to work. Register now!