Skip to content

Evidence of identity

To apply for a licence you may be required to provide evidence of identity to Workplace Health and Safety Queensland.

Combined, these documents should show evidence of:

  • your full name
  • date of birth
  • your signature
  • a photo of yourself.

All documents must be original as supplied and issued by an Australian authority unless otherwise indicated.

If you are unable to provide the required documentation contact us on 1300 362 128 for more information.

Evidence of identity documents

Three evidence of identity documents can be made up of either:

  • one category A and two category B
  • two category A and one category B
Category A  
Full birth certificate issued by the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages Current
Bicentennial birth certificate (born in 1988) Current
Australian citizenship certificate Current
Australian passport (including Australian Document of Identity) Current or expired less than two years
Foreign passport Current or expired less than two years
Australian photo driver licence Current or expired less than two years
Adult proof of age card (18+ Card) Issued after 01/01/1992
Visa Evidence Card (with PLO56 Visa)Current
DIBP - ImmiCard; Temporary or Resident Visa; Document for travel to Australia. Note: Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) is not accepted.Valid up to five years after issue
Category B
Australian firearm licence (with photo) Current
Education institution student identity document (must include photo and/or signature Current
Department of Veterans Affairs/Centrelink Pensioner Concession card (including Healthcare card) Current
Interstate government-issued or government-approved proof of age card Current
Medicare card Current
Australian security guard/crowd controller licence (with photo) Current
Australian Defence Force photo identity card Current

Financial institution debit/credit card (must include signature and embossed/printed name).

Please note: Card number and expiry date must be hidden.  Any documents showing sensitive bank details will be rejected.


Change of name

To change your name on an existing HRW licence you will be required to provide three evidence of identity (EOI) documents from category A and B (at least one needs to be from category A) and a change of name document from the below list. The documents must be in colour, legible, verified and stamped by a Justice of the Peace and can be uploaded during the online replacement application process.

Change of name documentsStatus
Australian marriage certificate (ceremonial marriage certificates are not accepted) Issued by relevant Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages
Australian civil partnership/relationship certificate
Australian change of name certificate
Australian birth certificate (amended and/or with notations)
Divorce papers, Decree Nisi or Absolute (must show the name being reverted to) Issued by relevant court
Deed poll Issued prior to 01/02/2004