Skip to content

Office of Industrial Relations complaints policy

We're working together to make it easier for Queenslanders to get information about safety and workers' compensation issues and are committed to providing excellent customer service. If you believe we've made a mistake, or our service doesn't meet your expectations, we want to know.

We take customer complaints seriously and have a clear and consistent process to ensure they are resolved quickly and fairly. We encourage customers to raise their concerns directly with the person they are dealing with (or their direct manager). However, if you're not happy with the outcome from this step, you can:

  • make a complaint online using our online form
  • print out and complete the complaint form (PDF, 0.12 MB)  and send to the Complaints Advisor at GPO Box 2459, Brisbane QLD 4001 or fax 1300 651 387, Attention: Complaints Advisor.

Your complaint will be handled by the person who has the authority to deal with it – usually the manager of the business area you are dealing with. If this person is not able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, the matter will be escalated to an appropriate member of our management team.

All written complaints for WorkCover Queensland are centrally coordinated according to our complaints policy to ensure they are properly investigated and responded to within agreed timeframes.

All written complaints for Workplace Health and Safety Queensland, the Electrical Safety Office, and Workers' Compensation Regulatory Services are managed in accordance with the OIR Customer complaints management policy (PDF, 0.56 MB).

If you disagree with the final outcome of your complaint you can contact the Queensland Ombudsman by visiting their web site at or phoning them on 1800 068 908.

Complaints under the Human Rights Act 2019 (Qld) can only be made about alleged breaches which occurred after 1 January 2020.  If you have a human rights complaint, you must first raise the complaint directly with WorkCover.  Once 45 business days have elapsed, you may refer the matter to the Queensland Human Rights Commission (QHRC) if the complaint has not been responded to or if you are not satisfied with our response.

If you require further details about lodging a human rights compliant with the QHRC, refer to their website at