Healthy workplace audit tool
Use the healthy workplace audit tool to assess workplace systems and environments and identify areas for improvement.
The audit tool will help to plan, implement and evaluate work health and wellbeing programs by:
- identifying current good practice that can be continued or enhanced
- identifying gaps and areas for improvement
- establishing baseline information which can be monitored and reviewed for ongoing evaluation
- providing ideas and suggestions to ensure positive outcomes and sustainability.
The healthy workplace audit tool should be used in conjunction with the healthy workers survey.
The results will assist you to identify and assess work health and wellbeing risks that are specific to your workplace and develop targeted interventions.
The audit tool is usually completed by people who have responsibility for work health and wellbeing at the workplace. To get the best outcome, it’s recommended that other relevant people are consulted, including:
- the work health, safety and wellbeing committee
- management at all levels (executive, middle management and supervisors)
- human resources staff
- work health and safety staff.
If the workplace is large or has several locations, consider conducting assessments across different business units so interventions can be targeted.
Complete the healthy workplace audit tool online.
If you would like to preview the questions before you start the survey, download a copy of the healthy workplace audit tool (DOCX, 0.58 MB).
Action your results
- Use the healthy workplace audit tool and the healthy workers survey findings to guide the planning, implementation and evaluation of your work health and wellbeing strategy. Follow the steps in the work health and wellbeing toolkit.
- Complete other risk assessments if you identified the need to further investigate using other risk assessment tools (use our resources to help).
- Develop an action plan - prioritise and schedule interventions to address the gaps you have identified. Refer to:
- the work health and wellbeing interventions tool (PDF, 0.34 MB). This tool provides examples of interventions to manage chronic disease risks within the workplace
- the review interventions tool (PDF, 2.77 MB). This tool provides you with an example of how to review and continuously monitor interventions.