The healthy workers survey is a validated risk assessment tool that should be used in conjunction with the healthy workplaces audit tool to identify and assess work health and wellbeing risks and develop strategies to manage them.
The healthy workers survey focuses on the following topics:
- physical activity and sedentary work
- sprain and strains
- eating choices
- alcohol consumption
- height and weight
- sleep and fatigue
- general health and wellbeing
- workplace environment
Register to receive the healthy workers survey. After registering, you will receive:
- a survey link for you to distribute to your workforce
- a unique business identifier code which workers must use when completing the survey. This code ensures the survey data for the workplace is collated together.
The survey will be open for four weeks before the results will be emailed to you.
If you would like to preview the questions before you start the survey, download a copy of the healthy workers survey .
Action your results
Use the healthy workplace audit tool and the healthy workers survey findings to guide the planning, implementation and evaluation of your work health and wellbeing strategy:
- follow the steps in the work health and wellbeing toolkit
- complete other risk assessments if you identified the need to further investigate using other risk assessment tools (use our resources to help)
- develop an action plan (PDF, 0.11 MB) - prioritise and schedule interventions to address the gaps you have identified. Refer to
How long will the survey take to complete?
The survey will take approximately 10-15 minutes and needs to be completed in one go.
What is the business identifier?
The business identifier is a unique code which has been created for your workplace only. It does not identify workers personally. It ensures that all responses for your workplace are collated together in one report.
Can I be identified?
Individual responses are confidential and anonymous. Responses will be collated and provided via a summary report.
Can individuals get a copy of their results?
Workers can request a confidential summary of their results including ideas about how they can improve their health and wellbeing. More information about how to do this is at the end of the survey.