videoDjarragun College – Gordonvale Campus, Far North Queensland
A special thank you to the staff of Djarragun College who kindly shared their success story by way of encouraging other workplaces to adopt ...
videoGeofabrics Australasia Pty Ltd – Ormeau, Queensland
A special thank you to the staff of Geofabrics Australasia who kindly shared their success story to encourage other workplaces to adopt genu...
Watch these animations to help understand how to comply with Part 5 of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 – Consultation, representation and participation.
videoSafety fundamentals - consultation
Workplace consultation is essential to managing health and safety risks in your workplace. This two-way exchange between you and your worker...
videoConsultation and collaboration with health and safety representatives
Good consultation with your workers improves health and safety. One way you can consult with your workers on these issues is through health ...
- Health and safety representatives - Information for employers and company executives (PDF, 0.25 MB)
- Health and safety representatives - Information for workers, and prospective and current HSRs and deputy HSRS (PDF, 0.23 MB)
- Work health and safety consultation, co-operation and co-ordination Code of Practice 2021 (PDF, 0.49 MB)
- Worker Representation and Participation Guide (Safe Work Australia)
- Record of staff toolbox meeting template (DOCX, 0.02 MB)
- Safety fundamentals toolkit – this resource is for small to medium sized business. You can use the toolkit to see how well you’re doing and download an action plan to suit your business.
Assistance and support
- Injury Prevention and Management program - IPaM is a joint initiative delivered by WHSQ and WorkCover Queensland. It is a free program designed to help Queensland businesses develop and implement sustainable health, safety and injury management systems.
- HSR direct
Elected HSRs can request advice from the regulator by contacting HSR direct on:
- Phone: 1300 633 419
- Email: email@example.com
Queensland Council of Unions (QCU) – HSR Support Service
For confidential PCBU and worker representative support, contact the QCU HSR Support Service. This service offers support to members of affiliated unions on matters relating to consultation, representation and participation.
- Phone: (07) 3010 2555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Page: https://www.qldunions.com/health-safety-support
- HSR Facebook Discussion Group: Qld HSR Discussion Group | Facebook