These free face-to-face workshops help employers better manage hazardous manual tasks using the internationally recommended PErforM (Participative Ergonomics for Manual Tasks) program.
PErforM is a simple manual task risk management program where workers get involved in making their jobs safer. It has been used successfully by many workplaces across a range of industry sectors with reported benefits that include:
- improvements in productivity and quality
- meeting legislative requirements
- a reduction in work-related musculoskeletal disorders and absenteeism
- providing a sense of ownership for everyone involved in the process.
The aim of these workshops is to provide participants with skills so that you:
- understand the PErforM program and participative ergonomics
- understand the resources required to implement PErforM
- can deliver PErforM training
- can facilitate a manual tasks risk assessment using PErforM
- can develop and implement effective controls for manual tasks risk management
- understand the importance of review and evaluation.
You will also have the opportunity to practice using the PErforM risk assessment tool.
Who should attend the workshop?
For the best chance of making a PErforM a success in your organisation, make sure you have commitment and support from management and are ready to utilise the expert knowledge that your workers have of their own tasks.
The workshop is designed for people who:
- will be implementing the PErforM program in a workplacehave access to management and workers
- have good communication and motivational skills
- have knowledge of risk management and hazardous manual tasks
- preferably have experience in training and facilitation.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.