The serious about farm safety guide was developed by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland and agricultural industry representatives.
It's used to assist small to medium sized agricultural businesses to develop a management system for health and safety risks around the farm and other agricultural workplaces.
A simple health and safety system will reduce the risk of workplace injuries and can help to reduce your workers' compensation premium.
The guide covers:
- legislative requirements for workers' compensation
- safety management systems
- identifying and assessing risks
- implementing suitable safe work procedures
- general hazard information for the agricultural industry.
Workplace health and safety policies and procedures should form the framework of a health and safety system. This guide provides useful information and a series of simple templates (T1-T11) to help you set up your own safety system.
Download the serious about farm safety guide and templates: