All equipment associated with concrete pumping, must have fixed compliance plates, and/or appropriate certification for their use.
- Cab and chassis – by the state transport authority in which the unit is registered, with a fixed motor vehicle modification plate showing the appropriate modification codes.
- Placing boom and outriggers:
- by the manufacturer – with a fixed plate showing date of manufacture, serial number, maximum recommended working pressure, maximum recommended length of end (or drop hose), recommended maximum size of delivery pipe/hose, etc, in accordance with AS 1418.15 Cranes (including hoists and winches) concrete placing equipment.
- by a registered professional engineer, whose area of competence includes the type of work being undertaken – with a fixed plate setting out the details of the annual inspection and the six year strip down and inspection dates, in accordance with AS 2550.15 Cranes – Safe use – Concrete placing equipment.
- Concrete pump – by the manufacturer, with a fixed plate showing date of manufacture, serial number
- Maximum recommended working pressures for hydraulics and concrete, in accordance with AS 1418.15 Cranes (including hoists and winches) concrete placing equipment.
- Over length and over weight permits – must be obtained, kept current, and in the vehicle.
Any pump, boom, prime mover and/or associated equipment that does not have a compliance plate or permit, should be removed from service immediately, until certification is gained.
For more detailed information on inspections and compliance check Section 5.2 of the Concrete Pumping Code of Practice 2005 .