There is a range of free resources providing information and guidance on Hendra virus related issues.
- Information about Hendra virus
- PPE for equine veterinarians – film on how veterinarians working with horses can use personal protective equipment in everyday practice to protect against zoonoses
- Summary report: Outcomes of an audit of Hendra virus risk management in the veterinary industry (PDF, 0.26 MB)
- Biosecurity Queensland - Hendra virus information for veterinarians
- Suit up! Personal protective equipment for veterinarians – film on personal protective equipment.
- Australian Veterinary Association Guidelines for Veterinary Personal Biosecurity.
Horse businesses and owners
- Hendra virus - information for horse businesses (PDF, 0.25 MB)
- Biosecurity Queensland - Hendra virus information for businesses and horse owners.
Businesses that dispose of horse carcases
- Contact Workplace Health and Safety Queensland on 1300 362 128 about protecting against and managing Hendra virus risks in the workplace.
- Contact Biosecurity Queensland on 13 25 23 for information on Hendra virus and animal health or biosecurity.
- Contact Queensland Health on 13HEALTH (13 43 25 84) for information about Hendra virus and human health. Seek advice from a general practitioner, local hospital emergency department or local public health unit if you have concerns about possible exposure to Hendra virus.
- Contact Department of Environment and Science on 1300 130 372 for information on flying foxes, and horse carcase transport and disposal.