Renew/reinstate electrical contractor licence
You cannot renew or reinstate your electrical contractor licence if:
- it has been expired for more than one year
- you have changed the legal entity structure of your business (e.g. changed from sole trader to a company)
- you have changed your ABN
- your contractor licence was cancelled because there was no qualified person as required.
Before you renew
You can renew your electrical contractor licence either on-line or by submitting a Form 19 - Application for renewal or reinstatement of an electrical contractor licence.
Regardless of how you renew you need to ensure:
- your insurance policy is current and meets the requirements of s51 of the Electrical Safety Regulation 2013,
- your QTP and QBP are still eligible to be nominated for the licence (e.g. Are they still employed by the business),
- your QTP’s electrical work licence is current; and
- you have your renewal letter with your customer reference number.
To update your QTP and QBP details go to: Update your contractor licence details.
You should also confirm that any ASIC company or business registrations are current.
Once you have confirmed this information you are ready to proceed.
To renew your licence on-line go to Renew electrical contractor licence. This is the preferred renewal method.
You can pay on-line using your credit card. Please note the ESO does not recommend Bpay payments for on-line renewals due to transaction delays. Please contact our office on 1300 362 128 if you wish to pay by Bpay.
Submitting a Form 19 application
You can also renew your licence by submitting a Form 19 - Application for renewal or reinstatement of an electrical contractor licence.
Lodging your application
To lodge your application follow the instructions on the form. The preferred lodgement method is by email.
You will also need to pay the applicable fee.
Payment can be made by cheque or money order or by credit card. Refer to the application form for further information on payment methods.
For more information about renewing your electrical contractor licence, please call 1300 362 128.
- Last updated
- 02 July 2018