We can help you complete your injured worker achievement award nomination over the phone, through a short and simple interview where we record your answers for you. If you would like to access this service, please contact us at email@example.com.
This award recognises an individual's successful rehabilitation and stay at/return to work within the past 12 months following a work related injury.
To be eligible you must have had a work related injury compensated under the Queensland workers' compensation scheme, and a successful and sustainable stay at/return to work within the past 12 months.
Check the criteria for category eleven, Best demonstrated leadership in return to work, and keep these in mind when you're preparing your entry.
Finalists for category eleven will be nominated by the judging panels for categories eight to ten, with all entries that demonstrate strong leadership in return to work eligible for nomination.
(Note: This information is in the online entry form)
View the category eight example entry (PDF, 0.53 MB).
- Please provide a background of your injury.
- The Office of Industrial Relations recognises that providing details of your injury may cause unnecessary distress and will accept a submission/report from your insurer or treating provider.
- How did the injury impact you physically? How did your injury restrict your ability to perform normal tasks?
- How did the injury impact your ability to perform usual tasks at home?
- How did the injury impact your mental health?
- Provide a timeline of your return to work journey
- What rehabilitation did you participate in as part of your recovery?
- How active were you in your return to work planning?
- How did you collaborate with everyone involved in your treatment and return to work planning? Contributes to leadership category eligibility.
- What motivated you to return to work?
- What was the main return to work barrier you experience as a result of your injury?
- How did you overcome this barrier and successfully return to work? Contributes to leadership category eligibility.
- Did you experience any positive outcomes from returning to work? If so, please list the outcomes and the impact that it had on you.
- Why did you consider it important to return to work following an injury?
- Did you acquire any new skills or were you provided with any new opportunities?
- Did returning to work have any positive impact on your mental health?
- What advice would you give to another worker who has experienced an injury to inspire them to return to work? Contributes to leadership category eligibility.