This award recognises excellence in developing and implementing a solution to an identified work health and safety issue. This may include a product solution, design/engineering innovation, training program, awareness raising activity or other risk control measure that addresses specific work health and safety issues, reducing the risk of work-related injury and/or disease (physical or psychological).
- What was the issue?
- How did you know it was an issue (e.g. injuries, lost productivity, feedback, complaints)?
- How did it impact the organisation (consider its impact on safety, operations, productivity, costs and suppliers)?
- Explain how you investigated the issue, identified the hazards and assessed the risk/s.
- Provide a timeline for the development of the solution, from identification to implementation.
- Was the hierarchy of control applied to the development of the solution? (See page 18 of How to manage work health and safety risks code of practice 2021 (PDF, 0.65 MB) for more information).
- Explain how you involved, engaged and consulted stakeholders, for example, workers, management, design/manufacturer, experts and supply chain.
- Describe how the solution works (include photos or videos if possible).
- Provide any examples of challenges or barriers involved and how you overcame them (e.g. business size, resources, geography).
- Explain how the solution was monitored and evaluated (testing, evaluation, adjustment). Detail any hurdles experienced and how they were overcome.
- What learnings were identified?
- Explain the effect the solution had on the workplace and how this was measured e.g. training, morale, productivity and safety culture.
- Provide evidence of how the solution has directly reduced or eliminated risks, improved injury rates, workers' compensation premiums, housekeeping/site appearance, and monitoring, assessment and reporting processes. Can (or has) the solution been applied and adapted in other workplaces, if so, what feedback have you received?