This award recognises excellence in developing and implementing a solution to an identified workplace electrical safety issue. This may include a product solution, design/engineering innovation, training program, awareness raising activity or other risk control measure that addresses a specific electrical issue, reducing the risk of work-related injury and/or disease.
- What was the issue and how did you identify it?
- How did the issue impact on your business and/or your clients' business? (Consider its impact on safety and compliance and the electrical risk to electrical and non-electrical workers, workplaces, clients, community or work processes or procedures.)
- How was the issue investigated and documented?
- Provide a timeline for the development of the solution, from identification to implementation.
- Describe how the solution works (attach photos or videos if possible).
- How was the hierarchy of control (elimination, substitution, engineering, administrative or protective equipment) applied to the development of the solution? (For more information, see page 18 of How to manage work health and safety risks code of practice 2021 (PDF, 0.65 MB) and the Managing electrical risks in the workplace code of practice 2021 (PDF, 1.25 MB) .)
- Explain how you involved, engaged and consulted stakeholders, for example, the workers, management, design/manufacturer and supply chain. What were their roles in developing the solution?
- How did you monitor the effectiveness of the solution (consider testing, evaluation, adjustment)?
- Detail any hurdles or barriers and how they were overcome.
- Provide evidence of how the solution eliminated or reduced the electrical safety issue and how it improved your business operations/your client's business, or the safety of the community. Did it have any other benefits (e.g. staff morale, efficiencies, reduced costs, safety culture or improved competitiveness)?
- Can (or has) the solution been applied and adapted in other workplaces/clients/locations? What feedback have you received on the solution from other workplaces and industry?
- What makes your solution different or more innovative than similar solutions available?