This award recognises an individual's successful rehabilitation and stay at/return to work within the past 12 months following a work-related injury (physical or psychological).
To be eligible you must have had a work-related injury compensated under the Queensland workers' compensation scheme, and a successful and sustainable stay at/return to work within the past 12 months.
We can help you complete your entry over the phone, through a short and simple interview where we record your answers for you. If you would like assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please provide a background of your injury.
We recognise that providing details of your injury may cause unnecessary distress and will accept a submission/report from your insurer or treating provider.
- How did the injury impact you physically?
- How did your injury restrict your ability to perform normal tasks?
- How did the injury impact your ability to perform usual tasks at home?
- How did the injury impact your mental health?
- Provide a timeline of your return to work journey.
- What rehabilitation did you participate in as part of your recovery?
- How active were you in your return to work planning?
- How did you collaborate with everyone involved in your treatment and return to work planning?
- What motivated you to return to work?
- What was the main return to work barrier you experienced as a result of your injury?
- How did you overcome this barrier and successfully return to work?
- Did you experience any positive outcomes from returning to work? If so, please list the outcomes and the impact that it had on you.
- Why did you consider it important to return to work following your injury?
- Did you acquire any new skills or were you provided with any new opportunities?
- Did returning to work have any positive impact on your mental health?
- What advice would you give to another worker who has experienced an injury to inspire them to return to work?