This award recognises an individual’s outstanding efforts in rehabilitation and stay at/return to work, and the improving workplace rehabilitation culture.
Entries in this category can include demonstrated commitment to the return to work of injured workers, innovation in return to/stay at work (including implementing new return to work solutions, systems, products or programs), improvement to an organisation’s return to work culture, or other measures that improve return to work outcomes.
To be eligible for this award you must be a return to work coordinator, case manager or health professional working in the Queensland workers’ compensation scheme, and have contributed to the successful rehabilitation and stay at/return to work of injured workers.
- What is the individuals/your philosophy on return to work?
- Why is the individuals/your approach to rehabilitation and return to work different from others?
- How does the individual/you communicate and positively influence all stakeholders involved in the rehabilitation and return to work process to achieve improved outcomes for a worker?
- What strategies or initiatives have the individual/you developed, led or implemented to improve rehabilitation and return to work outcomes (this may include systems, processes, policies, products, services, technology, or other new concepts)?
- What impact did the initiative/strategy have on staff, management and other stakeholders (consider cost effectiveness, productivity, efficiencies, customer service, knowledge, outcomes etc.)?
- How has the success of the initiative been measured and continually improved? Provide evidence of success (e.g. testimonials, data, customer/staff feedback, reports etc.).
Responses to this question should illustrate the practices outlined in criteria above. Stories may be de-identified.
- Describe the injured worker’s role, and their day to day activities.
- Provide detail of how the workers’ injury occurred.
- What treatment/s did the worker undergo, and how much time did the injured worker have away from work?
- How did the individual/you support the injured worker?
- What leadership factors did the individual/you actively demonstrate throughout the process?
- How did the individual/you overcome any barriers experienced throughout the rehabilitation and return to work process?
- How did the individuals/your contribution to the rehabilitation and return to work process improve the outcome for the injured worker?