Support Mental Health Week
Here are some ways you can show your support throughout the year!
- Organise a mental health awareness session to reduce stigma and promote help seeking behaviours. Check out Heads up toolbox talks on how to get a mental health conversation started in your workplace.
- Learn about the early warning signs that indicate a worker may need support. If you notice any changes in behaviour, engage in meaningful conversations with those who may be under stress.
- Download our Mentally healthy workplaces toolkit and other information and resources to help you take positive steps towards a mentally healthy workplace.
- Conduct a psychosocial risk assessment (or review your existing assessment) by talking to workers at team meetings, workplace walk throughs and during individual conversations. The People at Work tool can help!
- Remind staff about how to access information on local mental health services or your employee assistance provider.
- Arrange a morning tea for staff to help them connect and take a break. Consider fundraising for a mental health organisation doing great work in your community.
- Watch the livestreamed events that took place during Mental Health Week 2022 – It’s a great opportunity to gain practical tools and strategies to help improve mental health and wellbeing for your staff, learn how to improve organisational culture and productivity and help breakdown the stigma surrounding mental health.
- Learn more about the six building blocks to strong mental wellbeing – get healthy, keep learning, show kindness, connect more, take notice and embrace nature.
- Discover mental health apps, courses, links and podcasts on how to strengthen your mental wellbeing.
- Taking some ‘me time’ is important. It also helps to strengthen your mental wellbeing. Download the Queensland Health Dear Mind campaign materials to learn more.