Typology analysis aims to show the mechanism of long term occupational injury to prevent injuries occurring in the first place. The results can be used to guide prevention efforts.
The analysis is based on injury mechanism as defined by Safe Work Australia's type of occurrence classification system (TOOCS), 3rd Edition.
A subset of finalised workers' compensation claims by industry have been broken down to two levels of mechanism; mechanism group and another more detailed level of mechanism.
The reports also provide contextual information such as industry claim rates and age distribution of claims.
- Agricultural industry (PDF, 0.44 MB)
- Construction industry (PDF, 0.47 MB)
- Health industry (PDF, 0.49 MB)
- Manufacturing industry (PDF, 0.44 MB)
- Transport industry (PDF, 0.42 MB)
- Retail trade industry (PDF, 0.41 MB)
- Wholesale trade industry (PDF, 0.42 MB)