Category five – Best commitment to work health and wellbeing (Organisation/business entry)
This award recognises an organisation that embeds work health and wellbeing into organisational systems and culture to benefit the health of workers and prevent chronic disease risks in the workplace. Chronic disease risks include physical inactivity, sedentary work, unhealthy eating, harmful alcohol consumption, smoking and poor mental health.
- How is work health and wellbeing embedded into key organisational strategies and culture (i.e. goals, visions, policies and operational plans)? Is work health and wellbeing a key performance indicator for the organisation?
- How do workplace leaders demonstrate their commitment to work health and wellbeing? Do workplace leaders participate and serve as role models?
- Are resources allocated to work health and wellbeing (i.e. human, financial, time)?
- Are staff involved in planning activities, if so how (e.g. committees or champions)?
- How does your organisation engage, consult and promote with workers about work health and wellbeing?
- How has work health and wellbeing been integrated with other organisational systems such as health and safety?
- How have you identified and assessed the chronic disease risks in your workplace (e.g. risk identification survey, risk assessment, committee, focus groups, workplace audits, worker health survey, organisational culture survey)?
- How have you controlled your identified chronic disease risks factors including smoking, poor nutrition, physical inactivity and sedentary work, harmful alcohol consumption, overweight and obesity and mental health? Have you considered:
- the design of work (e.g. work procedures, work scheduling, committees, redesign of tasks, etc)
- the work environment (e.g. design and layout)
- worker directed interventions (e.g. education and training).
- Please provide any innovation/points of difference in relation to work health and wellbeing. This might include how interventions have evolved over time.
- How have you evaluated the effectiveness of the work health and wellbeing interventions and details of the business outcomes that you have witnessed/reported (e.g. absenteeism, productivity, injury rates, and workers' compensation costs, reduced the chronic disease risks).
- What percentage of your total workforce participated in work health and wellbeing interventions?
- Supply evidence that your initiative achieved its objectives.
- What process do you use to ensure continual improvement in work health and wellbeing?
- Describe how the findings and learnings from the initiative were shared with stakeholders, including through the supply chain and internally with management and workers?