Following the success of our previous webinar on 'Good work design for young workers', this follow-up webinar explored how an understanding of the mind and risk profiles of young workers can influence their health, safety and return to work.
With more than a quarter of injury claims received being for young workers, participants gained some useful tips on how to influence the behaviour of their young workers. Through the use of a case study, our guest speaker, Lisa Newland discussed the brain development of a young adult and their vulnerabilities.
Listen to the webinar recording and gain practical tips you can implement in your workplace. The recording also includes questions and answers submitted on the day.
For more information click on the useful resources below:
- webinar presentation slides (PDF, 1.69 MB) and transcript (PDF, 0.14 MB)
- Samsung gamification reward app—mobile app designed to encourage young drivers with rewards and incentives in return for safe driving.
- AAMI safe driver app—developed to aid on-road performance, this mobile app tracks and assesses driving skills, encouraging and rewarding AAMI safe driving behaviour. The app is available to everyone and free to download, whether you're an AAMI customer or not.
- Dumb Ways to Die—campaign video by Metro Trains in Melbourne to promote rail safety
- ReachOut apps—developed by ReachOut.com, Australia's leading online mental health service for young people, providing practical support to help them get through everything from everyday issues to tough times.