Skip links and keyboard navigation

Queensland Government site header

Make a claim

Has an injury, illness, or dangerous incident occurred at your workplace?

Depending on the seriousness, an employer may need to notify Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ) of the incident. Unsure if you need to notify of an incident? Read more about incidents.

If a worker was injured, you can also make a claim for workers' compensation with WorkCover Queensland or a self-insurer. Read about injuries and claims.

To notify of an incident and make a claim at the same time, use the 'incident & claim' option below.

You can also call 1300 362 128 to notify of an incident and make a claim.

Other ways to notify of an incident and make a claim

Notify of an incident at the workplace

WorkCover Queensland claim

Self insurance claims

Workers’ whose employer self-insures will need to contact their insurer to make a claim for workers' compensation. WHSQ may still need to be notified about the incident.

Unsure if your employer self-insures?

Last updated
10 January 2019

We want to hear from you!

We'd love to hear your feedback on the newly redesigned 'Claims and return to work' section of the website. Please let us know via the survey below - it will only take 1 minute to complete.


Enter the Safe Work and Return to Work Awards 2019!

Be recognised for your work health and safety achievements by entering the 2019 Safe Work and Return to Work Awards.