Make a claim
Has an injury, illness, or dangerous incident occurred at your workplace?
Depending on the seriousness, an employer may need to notify Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ) of the incident. Unsure if you need to notify of an incident? Read more about incidents.
If a worker was injured, you can also make a claim for workers' compensation with WorkCover Queensland or a self-insurer. Read about injuries and claims.
You can also call 1300 362 128 to notify of an incident and make a claim.
Other ways to notify of an incident and make a claim
Notify of an incident at the workplace
- phone on 1300 362 128
- complete and submit the online incident notification form
- fax the completed incident notification form (PDF, 242 kB) to facsimile number (07) 3874 7730
- email the completed incident notification form (PDF, 242 kB) to email@example.com.
WorkCover Queensland claim
- phone 1300 362 128
- complete and submit the online claim form
- complete a claim form and
- upload using our online service
- fax to 1300 651 387
- post to GPO Box 2459, Brisbane Qld 4001.
- lodge through your doctor. If you're unsure if this has happened, you can either call WorkCover or your GP to check.
Self insurance claims
- Last updated
- 10 January 2019
We want to hear from you!
We'd love to hear your feedback on the newly redesigned 'Claims and return to work' section of the website. Please let us know via the survey below - it will only take 1 minute to complete.