Make a claim
Has an injury, illness, or dangerous incident occurred at your workplace?
Depending on the seriousness, you may need to notify WHSQ of the incident. Unsure if you need to notify of an incident? Read more about incidents.
If a worker was injured, you can also make a claim for workers' compensation with WorkCover Queensland or a self-insurer. Read about injuries and claims.
You can also call 1300 362 128 to notify of an incident and make a claim.
Other ways to notify of an incident and make a claim
Notify of an incident at the workplace
- phone on 1300 362 128
- complete and submit the online incident notification form
- fax the completed incident notification form (PDF, 242 kB) to facsimile number (07) 3874 7730
- email the completed incident notification form (PDF, 242 kB) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WorkCover Queensland claim
- phone 1300 362 128
- complete and submit the online claim form
- complete a claim form and
- upload using our online service
- fax to 1300 651 387
- post to GPO Box 2459, Brisbane Qld 4001.
- lodge through your doctor. If you're unsure if this has happened, you can either call WorkCover or your GP to check.
Self insurance claims
If your employer self insures, please contact them to make a claim for workers' compensation. You may still need to notify WHSQ about the incident.
- Last updated
- 18 December 2014