Articles from eSafe February 2015, including New report on Australians' attitudes to risk taking and rule breaking, Stronger partnerships needed to prevent dangerous transport incidents, and Load restraint safety - a case study. read more... about eSafe articles - February 2015
Crane operator, Mark Ferguson is ecstatic about returning to work after losing his fingers in a serious crane rigging accident in June 2013. read more... about Injured crane operator excited by return to work
Research shows that how you cope with shift work may depend on your health, fitness, age and lifestyle. Getting regular exercise and eating a well-balanced diet can help your body to adapt. However for those on the night shift it can be challenging trying to make healthy choices and very tempting to rely on an artificial 'fix'. read more... about Diet, alertness and shift work
About transport postal and warehousing
The transport, postal and warehousing industry incorporates:
- all forms of transport road, rail, water, air and space, freight and passenger transport
- other transport, such as scenic transport and sightseeing
- postal and courier pick-up and delivery services
- transport support services, such as port operations and stevedoring
- other transport support services such as customs agency services
- warehousing and storage services.
Code of practice
Visit the laws and compliance section to view all codes of practice.
Laws and compliance
- Workplace health and safety laws
- Electrical safety laws
- Due diligence
- Compliance plates
- Codes of practice
Industry audits and safety campaigns
- Last updated
- 26 March 2015
The risk is real. One safety switch may not be enough.
Regardless of whether you own or rent, you should consider having safety switches installed on all circuits.