Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ) is investigating how the supply chain affects manual handling and work-related stress in the road freight industry. read more... about We value your feedback—please complete our survey
Articles from eSafe February 2015, including New report on Australians' attitudes to risk taking and rule breaking, Stronger partnerships needed to prevent dangerous transport incidents, and Load restraint safety - a case study. read more... about eSafe articles - February 2015
Crane operator, Mark Ferguson is ecstatic about returning to work after losing his fingers in a serious crane rigging accident in June 2013. read more... about Injured crane operator excited by return to work
Events View all events
The Workers' Compensation Regulator is offering a free one hour webinar. Presenters Dr Desmond Soares and read more Webinar: Return to work barrier series - Management of hand injuries...1 Dec 2015 12:00 pm to : - Add to calendar
Other news and safety alerts
About transport postal and warehousing
The transport, postal and warehousing industry incorporates:
- all forms of transport road, rail, water, air and space, freight and passenger transport
- other transport, such as scenic transport and sightseeing
- postal and courier pick-up and delivery services
- transport support services, such as port operations and stevedoring
- other transport support services such as customs agency services
- warehousing and storage services.
Code of practice
Visit the laws and compliance section to view all codes of practice.
Laws and compliance
- Workplace health and safety laws
- Electrical safety laws
- Due diligence
- Compliance plates
- Codes of practice
Industry audits and safety campaigns
- Last updated
- 09 November 2015
The risk is real. One safety switch may not be enough.
Regardless of whether you own or rent, you should consider having safety switches installed on all circuits.