Mentally healthy workplaces workshops
Responding to demand, Workplace Health and Safety Queensland will hold more Mentally healthy workplaces workshops over the next six months.
Frontline managers and supervisors are using the workshops' foundational skills to identify, assess and manage risks to psychological health and safety within their teams.
The free half-day workshops align with the Mentally Healthy Workplaces Toolkit, and include:
- an overview of legislation relevant to psychological health and safety
- data which can indicate an increased risk to workers' psychological health and safety
- how to assess of psychosocial hazards and other workplace factors and develop controls
- how to recognise warning signs and intervening early
- supportive conversations and possible workplace adjustments
- privacy and disclosure requirements
- sources of support for workplaces and individuals
- how to respond to critical/distressing workplace events
- being a good role model.
To register, visit the mental health events page.