Skip to content

Replacing general construction induction training cards

If you need to replace your general construction induction training (GCIT) card (previously known as a white card), you will need to contact the registered training organisation (RTO) that issued your original card. Remember you’ll need a new card if you haven’t carried out construction work in the last two years.

If the RTO that issued your card is no longer operating, you will need to contact another RTO in Queensland that delivers GCIT. The RTO will advise how to apply for a replacement card and any associated fees.

You will need to provide the RTO with a statement of attainment for CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry, or the earlier course CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry. A declaration stating how the card was lost, stolen or destroyed will also need to be supplied.

Once you've successfully completed this unit, the RTO will issue you with your new general construction induction training card.

You need to complete face-to-face or connected real-time delivery training with an RTO. If you live more than 100 kilometres from the nearest RTO that delivers the training, you can complete the training online.

You cannot replace a lost blue card. Instead, you will need to contact an RTO and complete the current GCIT course (CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry), following which the RTO will issue you with a GCIT card.

If you obtained your GCIT card outside of Queensland, you will need to contact the relevant work health and safety regulator in that state or territory to find out how your card can be replaced.

Further information

Read more on induction training cards, view a list of training providers (XLSX, 0.04 MB) or the locations of training providers on a map.