Registrations are open for our Healthy Lungs Forum, which will highlight how and why workers must be protected from occupational lung disease risks in the asbestos removal, stonemasonry, construction and manufacturing industries.
With a focus on working with asbestos and silica, the program features a mix of industry and safety regulator presentations, case studies and a panel discussion covering:
- health risks associated with exposure to occupational lung disease contaminants
- hazard identification and practicable control measures
- health monitoring and selection of the right dust and fibre controls, including personal protective equipment
- workplace obligations and compliance with legislative duties
- strategies to influence safety behaviours and practices in the workplace.
The forum will be held at the Royal International Convention Centre, Bowen Hills on Wednesday 27 November, 8.30am-4.30pm. Tickets are $150, which includes lunch and morning and afternoon tea.