Nominations are open for Queensland’s Safe Work and Return to Work Awards, offering employers and workers the chance to be recognised for their success stories in injury prevention and rehabilitation, and work health and wellbeing.
You can nominate yourself - or someone else you think should be honoured for their commitment to keeping Queensland workers safe and healthy, or getting those who are injured back on the job.
The judges will be looking for entries showing innovation and strong leadership in these fields during 2021 and the categories again include one for an outstanding response to COVID-19.
All workplaces, city and country, big and small, have been urged to enter. You could win up to $2000 and have a short film made about your entry that showcases your achievements.
There are 12 categories to choose from:
- Category 1 – Best solution to an identified health and safety issue
- Category 2 – Best individual contribution to work health and safety
- Category 3 – Best solution to an identified electrical safety issue
- Category 4 – Most significant improvement to work health and safety performance
- Category 5 – Best commitment to work health and wellbeing
- Category 6 – Best demonstrated healthy and safe work design
- Category 7 – Best demonstrated leadership in work health and safety (closed category – entrants for this category are chosen by the judging panels for categories one to six)
- Category 8 – Injured worker achievement award
- Category 9 – Best rehabilitation and return to work management system
- Category 10 – Best individual contribution to rehabilitation and return to work
- Category 11 – Best demonstrated leadership in return to work (closed category – entrants for this category are chosen by the judging panels for categories eight to ten)
- Category 12 – Best response to the COVID-19 pandemic in work health and safety
Entries close Friday, 17 June 2022. All finalists will be invited to the awards ceremony on Friday 21 October 2022 at the W Hotel, Brisbane. Queensland Safety Ambassador Shane Webcke will be presenting the awards.
To get an idea of what award winners have achieved previously, as well eligibility guidelines, assessment criteria and entry instructions, visit WorkSafe.qld.gov.au, call 1300 362 128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.