Safe Work Australia is reviewing the workplace exposure standards for airborne contaminants.
The draft evaluation reports for each chemical, which will be available for public comment, are being released alphabetically throughout 2020. Public comment will be open for each release for a period of four weeks on Engage.
The dates for the chemical release groups for opening public comment have just been updated. Note that these dates are indicative only - for the latest information continue to visit Engage.
- Release 1 - Silica, crystalline and coal (respirable dust): April 2019 (complete)
- Release 2 - Acetaldehyde to benzoyl chloride: 30 August 2019 (complete)
- Release 3 - Benzoyl peroxide to e-caprolactam: 13 September 2019 (complete)
- Release 4 - Caprolactam to clopidol: 27 September 2019 (complete)
- Release 5 - Coal tar pitch volatiles to dichloroacetylene: 11 October 2019 (complete)
- Release 6 - o-Dichlorobenzene to 1,4-dioxane: 25 October 2019
- Release 7 - Dioxathion to n-ethylmorpholine: 8 November 2019
- Release 8 - Fenamiphos to hydrogenated terphelyls : 22 November 2019
- Release 9 - Hydroquinone to mesityl oxide: 6 December 2019
- Release 10 - Methacrylic acid to 4,4'-methylene dianiline: 17 January 2020
- Release 11 - 5-Methylheptan-3-one to osmium tetroxide: 31 January 2020
- Release 12 - Oxalic acid to picric acid: 14 February 2020
- Release 13 - Pindone to silicon tetrahydride: 28 February 2020
- Release 14 - Silver to tetryl: 13 March 2020
- Release 15 - Thallium, soluble compounds to n-valeraldehyde: 27 March 2020
- Release 16 - Vanadium to zirconium compounds: 10 April 2020
To stay up-to-date with the review into workplace exposure standards, or take part in consultation opportunities, subscribe to the chemical exposure standards mailing list.
For more information or questions about workplace exposure standards, email WES@swa.gov.au