Safe Work and Return to Work award nominations closing soon
Nominations for this year’s Safe Work and Return to Work Awards close in a few weeks but there is still time to get your entries in and recognise the work of those helping to make agriculture safer and smarter.
You can nominate your own initiatives or the work of someone else you think should be honoured for their commitment to keeping Queensland workers safe. It could include a new way of doing a traditional job or process, or smart use of technology – or even leading the way in managing the risk from COVID 19. This category was taken out last year by Australian Country Choice.
All workplaces, city and country, big and small, are urged to join in and encourage their communities – individuals, businesses and other organisations – to enter. You could win $2000 and have a short film made about your entry that showcases your achievements.
With 12 to choose from, there is a category for everyone.
- Category 1 – Best solution to an identified health and safety issue
- Category 2 – Best individual contribution to work health and safety
- Category 3 – Best solution to an identified electrical safety issue
- Category 4 – Most significant improvement to work health and safety performance
- Category 5 – Best commitment to work health and wellbeing
- Category 6 – Best demonstrated healthy and safe work design
- Category 7 – Best demonstrated leadership in work health and safety (closed category – entrants for this category are chosen by the judging panels for categories one to six)
- Category 8 – Injured worker achievement award
- Category 9 – Best rehabilitation and return to work management system
- Category 10 – Best individual contribution to rehabilitation and return to work
- Category 11 – Best demonstrated leadership in return to work (closed category – entrants for this category are chosen by the judging panels for categories eight to ten)
- Category 12 – Best response to the COVID-19 pandemic in work health and safety
Entries close Friday, 17 June 2022. All finalists will be invited to a ceremony on Friday 21 October at the W Hotel, Brisbane with Queensland Safety Ambassador Shane Webcke.
To get an idea of what winners have achieved previously, as well as eligibility guidelines, assessment criteria and to enter, visit WorkSafe.qld.gov.au.