Rural Queensland employers can now request a Mentally Healthy Workplaces workshop to be held in their community after Workplace Health and Safety Queensland announced the program was being expanded.
There has been unprecedented demand for this workshop, with over 500 people on waiting lists. The workshops equip frontline managers and supervisors with foundational skills to identify, assess and manage risks to psychological health and safety within their team.
The half day workshop includes:
- overview of legislation relevant to psychological health and safety
- data which can indicate an increased risk to workers' psychological health and safety
- how to undertake an assessment of psychosocial hazards and other workplace factors and develop controls
- recognising warning signs and intervening early
- having supportive conversations and possible workplace adjustments
- privacy and disclosure requirements
- sources of support for workplaces and individuals
- responding to critical/distressing workplace events
- being a good role model.
A workshop in your local community will cost $990 for up to 30 participants. Workplaces can contact one of these three providers to arrange: