More than 1,400 people got involved in Electricity Safety Week this year by attending our events, streaming our webinars and entering our Facebook competition.
If you missed the webinars, you can still watch and share the recordings.
- Electrical apprentice safety webinar – featuring three Apprentice of the year winners and John Brady from Mates in Construction discussing mental health for young workers.
- Electrical contractor webinar – featuring Noel Cosgrove from CV Services Group about his experience before the Electrical Licensing Committee as well as electrical safety updates.
- Electrical safety in rental properties webinar – including new smoke alarm laws, legal responsibilities for landlords, shocks and tingles and unlicensed electrical work.
There’s also a great line-up of livestreamed professional development events as part of Safe Work Month and Mental Health Week this October.
- changes in work during COVID-19 (and beyond)
- predicting and preventing injuries to the workforces of the future
- safety leadership and practical strategies in return to work
- preventing harm, intervening early and supporting recovery to build mentally healthy workplaces.
The Safe Work Month launch on Friday 1 October will kick-start the month with Safety Ambassador Shane Webcke, Everyday Gourmet and MasterChef star Justine Schofield and swimming champion and mental health activist Hayley Lewis.
We have a stellar line-up of expert speakers including Andrew Barrett, Karen Maher, David Burroughs, Professor Sharon Parker, Simon Brown-Greaves and Dr Lorraine Stokes to name just a few!
Check out all of the Safe Work Month and Mental Health Week events.