Skip to content

Restructuring your electrical contracting business? You may need a new licence

If you've held your electrical contractor licence as an individual or partnership and have restructured your business as a company, you may need a new licence which is under the name of the company.

New licence applications require a nominated qualified technical person (QTP) or qualified business person (QBP) to meet training requirements. QTP nominees also need to hold a current Queensland electrical work licence.

You will need to have public liability insurance which meets the requirements of section 51 of the Electrical Safety Regulation 2013 in the name of your company.

Restructuring a business is complex and things can get overlooked. If you've already restructured, don't panic. Contact us on 1300 632 993 as soon as possible for assistance.