Our inspectors’ proactive compliance and engagement activities during the 2021-22 financial year will focus on the following:
- Electrical contractors and workers – installation standards, licensing and safe work practices.
- Construction and demolition – installation standards (particularly construction switchboards), wiring protection and isolation, principal contractor processes for unsafe electrical equipment and working near overhead powerlines.
- Community electrical safety – safe operation and maintenance of electrical equipment and installations, suppliers of electrical equipment to ensure compliancy and unlicensed electrical work.
- Renewables and high-risk environments – small and large-scale solar, wind farms, hazardous areas and electricity entity infrastructure.
- Community and industry engagement – providing electrical safety advice to the community and to industry on electrical safety requirements and best practice.