Electrical safety codes of practice 2020
Continued guidance on electrical safety standards remains available following the automatic expiry of three electrical safety codes of practice on 1 January 2020.
Incorporating minor amendments following reviews for technical accuracy, useability and readability, supplemented by targeted consultation with key stakeholders, the three expiring codes of practice have been re-made with effect from 2 January 2020, as:
- Electrical Safety Code of Practice 2020-Electrical equipment rural industry (PDF, 0.65 MB)
- Electrical Safety Code of Practice 2020-Working near overhead and underground electric lines (PDF, 0.47 MB)
- Electrical Safety Code of Practice 2020-Works (PDF, 0.33 MB).
This ensures there is no gap in coverage between expiry of the old codes and commencement of the new codes. The result is continued guidance for industry and workers on electrical safety standards for the use of electrical equipment in the rural industry, for working near overhead and underground electric lines, and for the works of an electricity entity.
Find more information,
- for the community at electricalsafety.qld.gov.au
- for electrical workers at WorkSafe.qld.gov.au.