Australian Electrical Standards
The following Australian Standards will assist you to comply with the obligations of your licence:
- AS/NZS 3000:2018 Electrical installations (the Wiring Rules)
- AS/NZS 3012:2010 Electrical Installations – Construction and demolition sites
- AS/NZS 3017:2007 Electrical installations – Verification guidelines
- AS/NZS 3760:2010 In-service safety inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- AS/NZS 4836:2011 Safe working on low-voltage electrical installations and equipment
- Last updated
- 05 July 2018
Codes of Practice are now an enforceable standard to manage hazards and risks
A Work Health and Safety inspector may refer to an approved code of practice when issuing an improvement or prohibition notice.
Empower your business with new WorkCover Connect analytics coming soon!
Businesses now have the flexibility to report and compare on their own data and see injury trends over time with WorkCover Connect.