Australian Electrical Standards
The following Australian Standards will assist you to comply with the obligations of your licence:
- AS/NZS 3000:2018 Electrical installations (the Wiring Rules)
- AS/NZS 3012:2010 Electrical Installations – Construction and demolition sites
- AS/NZS 3017:2007 Electrical installations – Verification guidelines
- AS/NZS 3760:2010 In-service safety inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- AS/NZS 4836:2011 Safe working on low-voltage electrical installations and equipment
- Last updated
- 05 July 2018
Codes of Practice are now an enforceable standard to manage hazards and risks
A Work Health and Safety inspector may refer to an approved code of practice when issuing an improvement or prohibition notice.
Get ready to renew your policy from 1 July
WorkCover Queensland’s accident insurance policies are due for renewal from 1 July–31 August each year. Read up on everything you need to know to get ready for policy renewal.