70 Queenslanders have been killed using quad bikes since 2001. The Ride ready campaign aims to reduce deaths and injuries.
The Ride ready campaign includes advertising, quad bike safety films, resources and a rider challenge. read more... about Ride ready - new quad bike safety campaign
Primary school students can win a $250 voucher and $500 for their school. The 12 winning drawings will be published in a 2017 farm safety calendar. read more... about Ready set... Get drawing!
Workplaces in the construction, manufacturing, transport and agriculture industries will be the focus of a year-long statewide audit campaign starting in July 2016 targeting traffic management. read more... about Onsite traffic management and pedestrian safety
Events View all events
The event will showcase the latest seed varieties from nine seed companies, demonstrate machinery innovation and read more 2016 National Horticulture & Innovation Expo...27 Jul 2016 12:00 am to : - Add to calendar
About Agriculture, forestry and fishing
Agriculture, forestry and fishing industry incorporates:
- agriculture, such as nursery and floriculture production, mushroom and vegetable growing, fruit and tree nut growing and other crop growing
- sheep, beef cattle and grain farming, dairy cattle, poultry, deer and other livestock farming
- aquaculture, both on and offshore
- forestry and logging
- fishing, hunting and trapping
- agriculture, forestry and fishing support services.
- Quad bikes
- Manual tasks
- Animal handling
- Machinery and equipment
- Working with hay bales
- Fruit and vegetable harvesting and packing
- Silo safety and confined spaces
- Hazardous chemicals
Code of practice
- Cane rail safety - a supplement to the sugar industry code of practice 2005 (PDF, 371.04 KB)
- Forest harvesting code of practice 2007 (PDF, 1248.02 KB)
- Horse riding schools, trail riding establishments and horse riring establishments code of practice 2002 (PDF, 437 KB)
- Rural plant code of practice 2004 (PDF, 492.28 KB)
- Sugar industry code of practice 2005 (PDF, 332.45 KB)
- Sugar mill safety - a supplement to the sugar industry code of practice 2005 (PDF, 741.12 KB)
- Managing risks of hazardous chemicals in the workplace code of practice 2013 (PDF, 875.41 KB)
Visit the laws and compliance section to view all codes of practice.
Laws and compliance
Industry audits and safety campaigns
- Australian Centre for Agricultural Health and Safety (ACAHS)
- Kidsafe on Farms
- Dairy Industry Risk Management
- Organisational Systems Benchmarking Tool
- Last updated
- 27 July 2016
70 Queenslanders have been killed using quad bikes since 2001. The Ride ready campaign aims to reduce deaths and injuries. Get involved!