There are serious electrical safety risks in ceiling spaces. Whether you are a homeowner or a tradie, there is one simple thing you can do to make it safer before you go up there - turn off all the main power switches at the switchboard. read more... about Electrical safety in ceiling spaces
Examinations have identified internal faults that lead to overheating and fires with the Avanco brand of isolators that are used in solar electricity system installations. read more... about DC isolator safety advice
The event, hosted by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ), is designed for business owners, senior read more Injury Prevention and Management workshop - Sunshine Coast...25 Mar 2015 3:00 pm to : - Add to calendar
Other news and safety alerts
Report an incident
I want to find out about
- Electrical licensing
- Testing and tagging of electrical equipment
- Electrical safety events and workshops
- One-on-one information sessions for new electrical contractors
- Electrical safety for homeowners and consumers
- Electrical safety codes of practice
- Infinity cable recall
- Safety switches
- Storm safety
Electrical safety services
To find out how to renew your electrical worker licence visit the electrical worker licence page.
Electrical contractor workshops now on offer around the state. Register to secure a spot.
Stay up to date on recent electrical safety news with ESOutlook. Read recent ESOutlook newsletters.
Perform an electrical licence holder search.
Fill out the form to ask a WHS, electrical safety or electrical licensing question.
- Solar power systems
- Infinity cable prohibition
- Installers of photo voltaic installations
- Submersible pump fatality
- Fatality involving an electric fence and fence energizer
- Electrical safety risks in ceiling spaces
- Last updated
- 27 February 2015