WorkCover Queensland has updated the Allied Health Tables of Costs, effective 1 July 2023.
Existing fees have been indexed and are now available on our Fees page (under Current allied health fees > Effective from 1 July 2023).
Feedback from self-insurers, allied health associations and providers has helped inform this year’s review. Changes include:
- The creation of 19 new item codes to support new services and to allow the expansion of existing services
- A new standalone Mental Health Services Table of Costs combining all mental health services, including the following service providers:
- Psychology services (including neuropsychological services)
- Counselling and Psychotherapy services
- Mental Health Occupational Therapy services (new)
- Rehabilitation Counsellor and Social Worker services
- Mental Health Social Work Services (new)
- The addition of two new services in the Return to Work Services Table of Costs:
- Initial Needs Assessment
- Psychological Functional Capacity Evaluation
- The addition of attendant care services and clarification of personal care services and home care services (domestic, gardening and home maintenance) and criteria for application in the Support Services Table of Costs
- A new bundling option for incidental expenses in the Hand Therapy Table of Costs as it relates to wound dressing expenses, i.e. option to invoice from one of the three types of bundles; or continue to invoice for individual items.
- A change in the Exercise Physiology Services Table of Costs to increase pre-approved sessions from one session to six sessions in line with other providers.
These tables reflect the maximum fees payable. Please update your systems to reflect the new fees for services delivered from 1 July 2023, as invoices may not be adjusted once payment is made.
Prompt submission of invoices
The Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003 specifies that accounts for medical and allied health treatment must be sent to the insurer promptly and within two months after the treatment is completed i.e. from the date of service. Please submit invoices within two months, as invoices submitted outside of this time may be refused.
If you have any queries, please contact us. For individual workers’ compensation questions, such as payment of invoices, please contact the relevant insurer (WorkCover or the self-insurer).
Use Provider Connect to do your billing online
Don’t forget to use our Provider Connect online portal which makes it easy for you to do your billing online, view invoices and remittances, check for a billing status, and more. Learn more about Provider Connect.
Don't miss out on fee updates
It only takes a minute to register for fee updates online. This way, you'll always be notified by email when fees are updated.