You must include your registered name and electrical contractor licence number wherever you advertise your business. This allows people to check your licence is current through our online licence search tool.
Your licence details must be included in the following:
- websites and social media – note you don’t need these details in social media posts which link back to your website or social media homepage as long as they are clearly displayed on the homepage
- newspaper and Yellow Pages advertising
- posters, brochures and flyers
- fridge magnets and switchboard stickers
- vehicle signage
- radio and television advertising
- telephone on-hold advertising.
On printed materials, the licence details must be displayed clearly enough to be easily read. For spoken advertising, the licence details must be clearly audible.
You don’t need to include licence details on the following:
- business cards and stationery
- online advertising if it links to your website or social media homepage
- merchandising (e.g. hats, pens)
- sponsorships (e.g. football jerseys)
- telephone messenger service.