Support & benefits
WorkCover Queensland is here to support a worker in what can be a difficult and emotional journey recovering from a work-related injury. We may provide:
- weekly compensation (for lost wages)
- medical, surgical and hospital expenses and medicines
- rehabilitation treatment and equipment or services
- travelling expenses
- death benefits and funeral expenses.
A worker needs a current workers’ compensation medical certificate from the treating doctor to cover any time away from work and/or the period the treatment is needed. Treatment is directed by the treating doctor. WorkCover can only cover the cost of treatment if a claim is accepted.
We don’t cover the cost of:
- damage to clothing or jewellery
- vehicle damage if the injury occurs while travelling to or from work
- unauthorised hospitalisation costs.
- Last updated
- 18 December 2014
North Queensland Return To Work Conference
The North Queensland Return to Work Conference is back in 2016 with a new line-up of expert speakers addressing the needs of those on the frontline of rehabilitation and return to work. Register now!
WorkCover Connect: the essential online service for managing workers' compensation
We're excited to announce WorkCover Connect, a new online service connecting Queensland businesses to everything they need to efficiently manage workers’ compensation.