Support & benefits
WorkCover Queensland is here to support a worker in what can be a difficult and emotional journey recovering from a work-related injury. We may provide:
- weekly compensation (for lost wages)
- medical, surgical and hospital expenses and medicines
- rehabilitation treatment and equipment or services
- travelling expenses
- death benefits and funeral expenses.
A worker needs a current workers’ compensation medical certificate from the treating doctor to cover any time away from work and/or the period the treatment is needed. Treatment is directed by the treating doctor. WorkCover can only cover the cost of treatment if a claim is accepted.
We don’t cover the cost of:
- damage to clothing or jewellery
- vehicle damage if the injury occurs while travelling to or from work
- unauthorised hospitalisation costs.
- Last updated
- 15 February 2016
WorkCover Connect: the essential online service for managing workers' compensation
WorkCover Connect is an online service connecting Queensland businesses to everything they need to efficiently manage workers’ compensation.
Electrical safety in ceiling spaces
Whether you are a homeowner or a tradie, there is one simple thing you can do to make it safer before you go up into the ceiling space – turn off all the main power switches at the switchboard.