Support & benefits
WorkCover Queensland is here to support a worker in what can be a difficult and emotional journey recovering from a work-related injury. We may provide:
- weekly compensation (for lost wages)
- medical, surgical and hospital expenses and medicines
- rehabilitation treatment and equipment or services
- travelling expenses
- death benefits and funeral expenses.
(Read our information for injured workers on taxation of benefit payments.)
A worker needs a current work capacity certificate from the treating doctor to cover any time away from work and/or the period the treatment is needed. Treatment is directed by the treating doctor. WorkCover can only cover the cost of treatment if a claim is accepted.
We don’t cover the cost of:
- damage to clothing or jewellery
- vehicle damage if the injury occurs while travelling to or from work
- unauthorised hospitalisation costs.
- Last updated
- 24 March 2017
Empower your business with new WorkCover Connect analytics coming soon!
Businesses will soon get the flexibility to report and compare on their own data and see injury trends over time with the next WorkCover Connect release.