Information and guidance materials on diving and snorkelling related topics and issues.
- Examples of competency for diving work
- High risk diving work compliance checklist (DOC, 0.85 MB)
- General diving work compliance checklist (DOC, 0.85 MB)
- Example dive safety log for diving work using air (PDF, 0.22 MB)
- Risk assessment process for occupational dive work (DOC, 0.23 MB)
- Example of a dive plan for dive work (DOC, 0.12 MB)
Recreational diving and snorkelling
- Recreational diving and snorkelling compliance checklist (DOC, 0.88 MB)
- Certificated diver risk management template (DOC, 0.09 MB)
- Medical declaration for entry level divers (PDF, 0.05 MB)
- Medical declaration for resort divers (PDF, 0.09 MB)
- Medical advice for snorkellers (PDF, 0.11 MB)
- Emergency plans for recreational diving and snorkelling
- Example dive safety log for recreational diving using air and dive tables (PDF, 0.13 MB)
Case studies highlight best practice and innovative examples of ways diving and snorkelling operators are managing the risks of cardiovascular disease deaths in recreational diving and snorkelling.
If you are a diving or snorkelling operator and would like to submit a case study, please email email@example.com.
- Fantasea Adventure Cruising – a case study on managing the medical risks for snorkellers.
- Great Adventures – a case study on the safe use of hire snorkelling equipment.
- Mike Ball Dive Expeditions – a case study about managing the quick recovery of drifting divers.
- Advice for certificated divers
- Medical declaration for resort divers
- Advice for snorkellers
- Medical advice for snorkellers
- English (Includes all non-English languages as listed below) (PDF, 5.55 MB)
- English only (PDF, 2.1 MB)
- Chinese (simplified) (PDF, 2.16 MB)
- Chinese (traditional) (PDF, 2.13 MB)
- French (PDF, 2.11 MB)
- German (PDF, 2.12 MB)
- Hindi (PDF, 1.36 MB)
- Italian (PDF, 2.11 MB)
- Japanese (PDF, 2.13 MB)
- Korean (PDF, 2.17 MB)
- Malay (PDF, 1.23 MB)
- Portuguese (PDF, 3.15 MB)
- Russian (PDF, 2.18 MB)
- Spanish (PDF, 2.11 MB)
- Swedish (PDF, 2.11 MB)
- Vietnamese (PDF, 2.18 MB)
- Effective lookouts – monitoring divers and snorkellers effectively
- Managing the risk of cardiac death – preventing cardiac-related incidents by identifying at-risk recreational divers and snorkellers
- Snorkelling sense – this video can be incorporated into the safety briefing to help engage passengers and reinforce key snorkelling safety messages.
- Supervising resort divers – techniques to prevent divers becoming separated while underwater.
- Snorkel safety: a guide for workers (PDF, 3.3 MB)
- Plan your dive, dive your plan (PDF, 5.07 MB)
- Relevant Acts, regulations and codes of practice are discussed under diving and snorkelling laws.