Workplace injuries suffered from falls at ground level, or from height, are alarmingly too common among Queensland businesses. read more... about Four simple steps to prevent fall injuries
Recent Cancer Council research shows some Australian workplaces are failing to protect workers from harmful UV, with around one in two workers who spend time outside missing out on sun protection. read more... about Sun safety for outdoor workers
A workplace culture of health and wellbeing will encourage employees to look after their health. Healthy workers are more productive and have less absenteeism, which in turn reduces an organisation's employee-related expenses. read more... about Free resources to promote healthy nutrition at work
Events View all events
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland is offering free workshops to help employers better manage hazardous manual read more PErforM workshop - Robina - 22 August...22 Aug 2017 9:00 am to : - Add to calendar
Other news and safety alerts
The tourism industry site incorporates accommodation, food, arts and recreation. See below for more specific details:
Accommodation and food services:
- food and beverage services – cafes, restaurants, takeaway food services, pubs, taverns and bars, clubs (hospitality).
Arts and recreation services:
- heritage activities – museums, parks and gardens
- creative and performing arts activities
- sports and recreation facilities – health and fitness centres, gyms, horse and dog racing activities, amusement and other recreation activities
- gambling activities.
This site includes tailored information relevant to those who work within these industries.
- If you are injured at work poster
- Return to work checklists
- Organisational systems benchmarking tool
- Café and restaurant industry: Hazard identification checklist
- Last updated
- 31 October 2016
Register now for Safe Work Month 2017 events
Register before 31 July for early bird prices to a great range of health, safety and professional development events this October.