Workplace injuries suffered from falls at ground level, or from height, are alarmingly too common among Queensland businesses. read more... about Four simple steps to prevent fall injuries
Recent Cancer Council research shows some Australian workplaces are failing to protect workers from harmful UV, with around one in two workers who spend time outside missing out on sun protection. read more... about Sun safety for outdoor workers
The festive season and end-of-year celebrations should be enjoyed, but the work Christmas party can be a source of anxiety for employers who are unsure of their obligations to their workers. read more... about Work Christmas parties and duty of care
Events View all events
We’re inviting trade apprentices and their supervisors to attend a free two-hour safety session for practical read more Asbestos Awareness Week 2019 – Apprentice Safety Session – Townsville...19 Nov 2019 7:00 am to : - Add to calendar
Other news and safety alerts
- House Rules winner hosts Healthy Lungs Forum
- Brisbane Homebuilder fined $77,000 for safety breaches at two different worksites
- Building company fined $110,000 over worker impaling
- Help shape future workplace mental health programs and tools for Queensland
- Medical items table of costs - 2019 annual review
The tourism industry site incorporates accommodation, food, arts and recreation. See below for more specific details:
Accommodation and food services:
- food and beverage services – cafes, restaurants, takeaway food services, pubs, taverns and bars, clubs (hospitality).
Arts and recreation services:
- heritage activities – museums, parks and gardens
- creative and performing arts activities
- sports and recreation facilities – health and fitness centres, gyms, horse and dog racing activities, amusement and other recreation activities
- gambling activities.
This site includes tailored information relevant to those who work within these industries.
- If you are injured at work poster
- Resources to coordinate return to work
- Organisational systems benchmarking tool
- Café and restaurant industry: Hazard identification checklist
- Last updated
- 27 September 2017
Free resources to measure and improve your safety culture
Make a difference to your organisation’s workplace culture to improve work health and safety. Download a suite of free online resources and get started today!